COMPRESSOR PROTECTIVE DEVICES
Installation - Notes
1. Install the Muffler as close as possible to the compressor and before
the oil separator.
2. When mounted in a horizontal or angled position, the side with the
label must be top center to help prevent oil collection inside the Muffler.
Oil inside the Muffler will reduce the performance along with causing a
loss of oil in the compressor crankcase. Positioning the Muffler at a
slight angle so that the outlet port is below the inlet will also help
prevent oil collection. Mufflers that are mounted vertically will not collect
3. A Vibration Eliminator should be installed between the compressor and
the Muffler to prevent transmitted vibration. The Muffler should be
supported at each side to prevent discharge pipe vibration, due to the
weight of the Muffler.
4. Mufflers will only remove noise due to discharge gas pulsations. If the
noise is due to vibration, Vibration Eliminators should be added to the
discharge line and possibly the suction line.
5. A single Muffler may be installed on a common discharge line.
However, it is also acceptable to install one Muffler per compressor on
Muffler direction/orientation label
CORRECT MUFFLER SUPPORT